Are you planning to enter Tibet from Nepal? You need to get a Group Visa firstly. Here is the specific Tibet Group Visa information for you.
A Group Visa is a "must" needed documentation for your Tibet trip as well as you extending traveling in other destination of Tibet if you enter Tibet from Nepal. And when you check in the Kathmandu Airport for your flight to Tibet, you have to showcase the Group Visa which will needed again when you check in your hotels in Tibet and China. Even if you are an individual to travel in Tibet, you are required to hold a Group Visa.
Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu issues the Group Visa in certain working days of Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 09:00 to 11:00. Traveler can not appy for the Group Visa individually. To get a Group Visa, you firstly plan a trip, and then book a tour with a Tibet travel agency. After you provide all documentation needed, your agency will apply the Group Visa for you. To apply for a Group Visa, you need to :
1. Provide a scan copy of your passport;
2. Provide an exact date of your entering in Tibet in Zhangmu;
3. Provide a detailed day-by-day itinerary for your traveling in Tibet and other cities of China.
4. Provide us your original passport in Kathmandu about 3 days prior to your departure to Tibet. ( You may have a short stay in Kathmandu, take one of our Kathmandu tour to kill time)
Detailed procedure of applying a Group Visa:
1. Send us a scan copy of your passport. With our assistance, you work out a detailed travel itinerary in Tibet and China;
2. We write a Invitation Letter to get a Group Visa number;
3. Meanwhile, our office in Tibet starts to apply your Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit(TTB Permit);
4. Our office in Tibet get your TTB Permit and send scan copies of TTB Permit and Invitation letter to our office in Kathmandu;
5. Our staffs in Kathmandu take your original passport, scan copies of Invitation Letter and TTB Permit to apply your Group Visa in Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu;
6. Our staffs in Kathmandu will bring Group Visa to your hotels.
Group Visas Fees for Different Nationalities
||Normal Visa Fee(5 days)
||Semi Urgent Visa Fee(3 days)
||Top Urgent Visa Fee(1.5 days)
We must receive your scan copy of passport at least 25 days prior to departure date;
There will be no semi urgent visa fee for French.