Military Permission is required to visit the remote regions or border areas in Tibet such as Mt. Kailash and eastern Tibet etc. as well as overland tour to Tibet from Sichuan, Yunnan, Xinjiang and Qinghai. Besides Military Permit (Permission), a foreign-affairs permit, i.e. Alien's Travel Permit (PSB) is a must. All these permits should be arranged by we local travel agency in Tibet only if you book a trip with us for our convenience to make the necessary arrangement.

Areas in Tibet require Military Permission/Permit:
  •     Ngari: all the places you will visit such as Mt. Kailash, Lake Manasorovar etc.
  •     Nyingtri: all the places you will visit such as Draksumtso, Pomi etc.
  •     Chamdo: all the places you will visit such as Chamdo, Riwoche etc.
  •     Overland tour from/to Sichuan, Yunnan, Xinjiang or Qinghai
Travel Documents Required to Apply for Military Permit to Visit Remote Regions in Tibet:
Get Military Permit or Permission easily to visit Tibet with Travel West China. Simply send us your passport and China visa copies.





Fill out my online form.


TEL : +86-0891-6384692(Tibet)

Norbulingka road No 3, Lhasa, Tibet

About Tibetadvisor

Your also like


Kathmandu, Zhangmu, Mt. Everest Base Camp...

10 Days Kathmandu to Lhasa Overland Tour via EBC

Code:TA-OT-10A Max Altitude: 5200m

Rongbuk Monastery, Everest Base Camp...

12 days Classic Tibet and Nepal Tour via EBC

Code: TA-TN-01, Max Altitude: 5200m

Potala Palace, Yamdrok Lake, Everest Base Camp

7 Days Everest Base Camp Tour

Code:TA-EBC-07 Max Altitude: 3650m